Job Title: Farmhand
Reporting to: Assistant Orchard Manager
Work Type: Seasonal – casual, including weekends & public holidays
Location(s): Yarra Valley (Wandin East & Coldstream)
We are CherryHill Orchards, a third-generation family-owned business specialising in premium fresh cherries, based in Victoria’s Yarra Valley. We run agri-tourism experiences and supply fresh cherries to Australia’s supermarkets, independent grocers, and fresh produce markets. We also export our fresh cherries around the world.
Our vision is to be Australia’s most desirable brand in agri-tourism and fresh produce. In everything we do, we believe in creating Moments of Joy and making that accessible to all. We do this by innovating in the way we grow our cherries; by developing products that evoke bite-sized delight and by bringing smiles to all who experience us.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Working in a small and dynamic team, the role of Farmhand is hands on. It involves orchard duties, gardening, and property maintenance.
You will be required to work varied hours, including weekends based on seasonal demand.
- Proof of right to work in Australia
- Own transport to and from work
- Driver’s licence
- Available to work weekends & public holidays
- General farm hand duties including
- Crop netting / removal of nets
- Harvest operation
- Preparation and use of equipment and machinery for harvest
- Daily machinery maintenance and pre-start checks
- Safe operation of farm machinery
- Day to day general gardening duties
- Trimming and pruning as required
- Maintaining garden and landscape areas
- Assisting with tourism activities
- Domestic duties when required e.g., rubbish disposal, site cleanliness
- Manual handling
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Mechanical aptitude and experience in operating and maintaining a range of modern farming equipment.
- Demonstrated interest, abilities and experience related to commercial orchard production and gardening.
- Enthusiasm towards learning and adopting innovative skills necessary to maintaining an orchard.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
PERSONAL QUALITIES & BEHAVIOURAL TRAITS
Successful applicants are expected to share our core values, which are:
- PEOPLE-FIRST A culture of warmth and inclusiveness
- RESPECTFUL Treat all equally with kindness
- PASSION Giving our best to grow the business and one another
- RESOURCEFUL A can-do spirit, finding ways to make things happen
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.